Tear Sheets

Wednesday 22 May 2013

GIFTS & HAUL!!

I have been posting about the INSANE makeup prices in Barbados for a while now, especially on Twitter (follow me @LadyMandyisms!). One day in March as I was posting, Kristi Escobedo (@TheKristiWithAK) shocked me by kindly offering to get me "a few things" (her words). I was expecting a few lip glosses and perhaps a mascara. But this is what I received from her.


From Left, top row: Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trio in Knock On Wood, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipsticks in Vibrant Mandarin and Shocking Coral, Wet 'n' Wild Blush in Mellow Wine. 2nd Row: A TON of samples from Mary Kay, Dead Sea Premier, Guerlian, and a fragrance by Philosophy called Love Sweet Love, Wet 'n' Wild Megalast lipstick in Bare It All and Don't Blink Pink, Maybelline Volume Express The Falsies and The Falsies Black Drama, NYX Smokey Eye Shadow Palette TSS01, Maybelline COlor Tattoo in Bold Gold and Audacious Asphalt, and Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black that comes with its own little rounded stiff brush. 


This shot doesn't do the Color Sensational Lipsticks justice, because they are stunning. They are silky smooth and really well-pigmented, and I love the the Coral one most, which is not a colour I normally like to wear, But I can't get enough of this one. And they smell uh-may-zing!! The Megalast ones I've used before and they are beautifully pigmented, but can tend to be difficult to apply because they're a little dry, so they go one kind of patchy. but a little balm left to soak onto the lip and then patted off works wonders. I also apply it in thin layers with a lip brush instead of straight from the bullet and it works really well. 

A close-up of the eyeshadows: Again, the photo is a little over-blown, because in that NYX palette the colours from left to right are a dark sparkly grey, black, taupe-y plum, navy, taupe-y brown, and white. WIth the exception of the sparkly grey, the shadows are a satin finish. 

Thank you so much Kristi! I'm absolutely flabbergasted that you were so generous and sent me so much stuff! 

Check Kristi out:
@TheKristiwithaK
www.facebook.com/thekristiwithak
Thekristiwithak.blogspot.com

Soon after Kristi sent me that lovely package, my cousin Kathleen came for a visit. I had sent her some money a few weeks earlier to buy some things for me, and she also went crazy and bought me a bunch of stuff as gifts! 


All these nail polishes were gifts. The Nail Art ones don't have individual names but there is a hot pink, another bright pink, a neon green, a dark yellow and a neon yellow. The darker purple is a satin formula and also doesn't have names that I can see on the package, the lighter one has silver shimmer through it and is called Passion Pirouette by Barielle Shades. The tangarine color is also Barielle Shades, called Gotta Have Fate, and the peach one is by Color Club, called In Theory. They are both cremes. The cobalt blue is a Color Club creme called Bright Night, the pale blue is also a creme by Color Club called Evolution. The small one at the bottom is actually a dark green creme by Color Club called WIld Cactus, the dark turquoise creme is COlor Club Abyss, and the mint creme is  by Rue Beauté, no name but the number is 041. The baby pink creme is Color Club Endless, the red creme mini is Color Club Mamba, the bright pink mini is Color Club Flamingo, and the metallic silver mini is Colour Club On The Rocks. Last but not least is the quick dry top coat that my daughter got hold of and left open and it dried out :( But I did use it a few times and it was lovely, I think it was called 0-80.


This one was on my list for Kath to buy for me, it's Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Hot Flash. The colours are all matte/satin finishes and they're gorgeous alone or swirled together.


The large palette was a gift. It's L.A. Colors Private Eye. The colours are beautiful high-shimmer colours, just short of looking like foils, They're quite well pigmented for a "cheap" brand. The huge Bronzer is by Quo, and it's a shimmer but not too glittery. It's quite lovely both as a cheek and a brow highlight. the five pencils are also from Quo, they're called the BFF Super Shaper Eye Wand. They are double ended - one end is a chiseled liner pencil  and the other is a smudger that sits in a little pot of eye shadow, The open one is Amethyst/Opal, and then front left to right Twilight/Chiffon, Bewitching/Mythical, Destiny/Majestic, and (my favourite!) ying/yang. The packaging on those pencils are beautiful; they are quite possible my favourites of the group! The two colour tattoo eyeshadows were on my shopping list, and they are in the colours Fierce & Tangy and Painted Purple. She also got me an Audacious Asphalt because it was on my shopping list, which I had made before Kristi sent me that package, as well as some more of the Maybelline Volume Express mascaras (I have 5 tubes now!). Below the palette is a cream eyeshadow, don't know the brand but the colour is Tidal Wave. It's cracked, but it's not dry. It's a lovely turquoise with a gold duo0chrome type of effect. Also pictured is another no-name brand of cream shadow in a taupe colour, and a stay-all-day cream shadow by Essence called Glammy Goes To. the little blue  tube that's kind of out of frame (sorry!) is NYC Sparkle Dust eyeshadow in Brilliant Sapphire, and the two lip glosses are Lise Watier plumping minis in the colours Nude and Bronze. That brings me to the last four products (the tube of lipgloss, the baked bronzer at the top and the two tubes) which were on my Shopping list. They're from Hard Candy and they made up the Glamazon Bronzing kit. The white tube is the Hard Candy face primer and the gold one is a cream bronzer called Glow All The Way. 


The L'Oreal Infallible Shadows were on my list, in the colours Golden Sage and Bronzed Taupe. The two Glitter palettes are from NYX. These glitters are not for the eye! THe blue palette is called Ocean Breeze and the purple is Royal Violets. On top is a Revlon Balm stain in the colour Romantic (I LOVE this product!!!) The little Bijin Palette deserves its own picture!


It's called the Bento Beauty Box. It's a face and eye palette. The colours aren't named, but the blush is a lovely soft peachy-tan colour, and the eyeshadow quad has a plum, a pale pinky taupe, a rosy pink, and a dark grey. They're ll satin finish. I can't say enough about this packaging, it's just beautiful. "Bijin" is a Japanese term for "Beautiful Woman". SO nice! I don't know that I'll use these colours on myself, but they're lovely for a bridal kit, so that's exactly where I'm putting this one!

I've bought a few more things for myself over the past few months, but I'll save those for another post. Thanks to Kathleen and Kristi I now have a HUGE set of new makeup to play with! SO far I've tried all the lipsticks, and the colour tattoo and Infallible shadows. The Infallible in Bronzed Taupe is just stunning, and Audacious Asphalt is a new favourite for a quick fun eye. Also, the Falsies mascara, which I haven't seen down here yet, is just fan-freaking-tastic. I can't put it any better way.

If you managed to get through all of that, thank you SO much for reading! I'm getting back to doing videos soon, I'm really looking forward to that. 

Lots of makeup dreams,
Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment