Tear Sheets

Tuesday 24 June 2014

On Blogging




I woke up this morning to find that the lovely Lucinda of Moden Makeup had nominated me for a Leibster Blogger award. Thanks girl!! 

I confess I didn't even know what this was. (Shame) It's an award for little-known but promising bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help promote them. It's such a great thing for those of us that are really just trying to do share our love of all thing beauty-related.

The rules of the Leibster Award are:

1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.


The questions Lu asked her nominees:

1. Where is your favourite place in Barbados to shop for shoes?
Payless. Only place I can find cute shoes in my (gigantic) size that don't murder my feet.

2. What message do you hope to convey most via your blog?
That we are all beautiful, and that makeup really is a fun accessory with limitless possibilities that we have access to.

3. Skittles or M&Ms?
Chocolate. #thatisall

4. What are you currently using now as a facial cleanser?
I use my Noxema Original Cream Cleanser and the Noxema Triple Clean Anti-Bacterial Face Wash. (See my Skin Care Heart to Heart video)

5. What character would you love to play in Game of Thrones?
YIKES! I'm such a huge GoT fan that this is a really hard question...I would honestly gender-bend and play Tyrion if I could. or Varys. Both fascinating characters. 

6. Does your house have ac? If, yes; what are the directions? Cause the way this heat set up...
I WISH. What I would give to have AC in my house...

7. In what circumstances is the use of slang acceptable while blogging?
I think it's important to put yourself in your video/blogs. So using some slang, if that's how you normally speak,is perfectly fine, as long as you keep your audience in mind and make sure that for the most part, most if not allyour viewers/readers can understand you.

8. #TeamJoe or #TeamRyan?
I have no idea which Joe and Ryan we're talking about. Manganiello and Gosling? In that case, Joe, all the way. He's yummy.

9. In what year do you think Barbadian companies will take bloggers serious?
Last year I might have said never. But as Social Media becomes more and more vital to our way of life, I think Bim will eventually come around. as to a specific year? Beats me. I'd sy within the next 10, though (conservative guesstimate).

10. Who will win Road March this year?
I'm not a Soca fan. I support Chrytal Cummins-Beckles because she's family and I know enough about Soca to know that she's very good (but gets the short end of the stick because she's a woman), and Gabby I adore as a folk artist, but I honestly don't really care otherwise. Sue me.

11. What topic would you like to see more Barbadian bloggers focused on?
This is a tough one. I'd just like to see more Bajan Bloggers, to be honest. I want people to realize that blogging has endless possibilities for sharing passion and information.


11 Random Facts About Me:


1) I love otters.

2) I'm addicted to Game of Thrones (duh) and Sherlock.

3) I LOVE fantasy books, films and TV, but I don't like it when they go overly campy. Hence my love for GoT and films like The Hobbit. (P.S: Smaug is one helluva sexy beast!)

4) I very much support Equality. Equal Rights for all Human Beings. I do believe it is possible and will one day be a worldwide reality.

5) I used to teach Salsa. I'm one of the original founding members of the SalsaCraze Club at the University of Miami. (I was the first Treasurer and an Assistant Instructor for one semester, and then Secretary and Instructor.)

6) I love Nature, especially at night.

7) I love body modification. I'm currently stretching my ears and I just pierced my lip. I have a whole playlist of my body mod vlogs.

8) I have dabbled in acting. I'm fascinated by the process that actors go through to create characters and bring them to life.

9) One of my dreams is to do makeup for Film and TV. I'm saving to do the Film & TV course at Cinema Makeup School but it's going to take a while... :'(

10) I have never broken a bone. (That I know of. I did injure a toe really badly once but never got it X-Rayed.)

11) I'm addicted to TYT Network and I support Wolf PAC.


I Nominate

(I realize some of these have been nominated already, most by Lucinda. But these are honestly blogs that I follow and love, so I'm nominating them too)


My Questions for my Nominees (if you've already answered Lucinda's questions then don't worry!)
1) What your favourite food?
2) Do you have any tattoos/piercings?
3) What do you love most about Blogging?
4) what is the most frustrating aprt of blogging?
5) Current favourite TV Show?
6) Best Film of 2013?
7) Favourite snack?
8) True Blood or Vampire Diaries?
9) What's your ideal wy to spend a lazy Sunday?
10) Place in the world you most want to visit?
11) Coffee or Tea?



1 comment:

  1. Great answers AND questions!

    #TeamJoe! Lol it's a reference to The Following :)

    ReplyDelete